Tuesday, January 22, 2013

An Ordinary School Day

Everyday, i leave home and hurry to catch the daily ceremony at school before the lessons start in which children take an oath to be a good person. At 9.10 everbody is in their classrooms and the school calms down after that rush. As i’m an ICT teacher, I have 6 lessons per week for the 6, 7 and 8th classes. My lesson is an optional subject for students and only 1 hour for 1 class. Today, i have only one hour with the 7th grades after lunch. However, i’m at school all day from 9:00 to 15:00 because I am the IT Counsellor of school as well.
After the morning conversation with collegues, i go into my computer laboratory and turn on my faithful friend :) Checking personal and school e-mails, working on the school website, entering various datas are the ordinary things i do. And of course, any time a computer, a printer or any other hardware can be broken and need me! I also help other teachers and managers about computer using. And my smart children have always something to ask in the breaks. They like to blow into lab. when the door is openJ
These days, comenius activities have filled the gaps of my working hours and i like it. Today, i’ve spended an hour in the lab., organized my boards and than gone to the primary block to take some photos of the 2th classes. They were doing an activity about music and i’ll publish it on the website. My lab. is in the first block where there’re 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grades as secondary classes.
At 13.10 after lunch, it’s time for lesson. We’re studying Microsoft Office Excel with 7ths, they like to work on computer although they would prefer games;) Technology is in the centre of our lives today and all of our children should learn the right way to use it so i try to succeed at this in my job.
Finally, the last bell rings at 14.40 and all the students sweep of the classess! Now, i had beter finish some more work or i can have some tea with my friends in the teachers room. Oh no! It’s friday and i was almost forgetting the final ceremony of the week. Let’s go and sing our national anthem. Later, some tea?

Zülfiye ORTAÇ/Turkey

No comments:

Post a Comment