Friday, January 18, 2013

ONE DAY AT MY SCHOOL
 
Today I woke up at 6:30 a.m and I left my home  at 7:15 a.m. My school is not close to my house so I must use 2 different bus lines to get there. I arrived at 7:45 a.m and I went to my classroom to leave my stuff and tidy my desk. Then I went to the teachers' office where we usually sit until the bell rings at 8:10 a.m for the start of the classes.
After the daily prayer in the school yard we go upstairs. My classroom is located on the 3rd floor as we are the E class and my students are not very happy since they feel sleepy and tired every morning. But then the lesson begins! The first two hours we had Language and at 9:40 a.m we had our big break for snack and rest. It seemed strange to me today that our headmaster did not inform us officially about school issues or problems. We do this every day in almost every break! It's exhausting but necessary, too...
When the first break finished we did Maths and Physics which are my students' favorite subjects. We were taught about the digestive system and discussed on healthy eating. After the second break I had a one-hour lesson with the sixth grade. We went to the yard to play football and basketball. It was the students who played, not me....!!!
Next, I had a moment for a bite and some rest! My students had English lesson and it was a good chance for me to drink coffee. However my headmaster asked me to arrange something about the school programme and be informed of Comenius progress. After I relaxed a little during the 6th session, I entered the classroom for my last teaching hour.
We do not have a German Teacher at school so I am with my students every 7th hour on Friday and we all together learn German using the internet. I really enjoy this hour and so do my students since we are all equal!
At 14:00 the courses finish and we are free, teachers and students. None of us can leave bedore the end of the lessons without the haedmaster's permission. I liked seeing my students' smiles when they left school and I felt very proud of them because they are honestly well-behaved children and they try their best... It was a beautiful day.

Stavroula
Greece


 

No comments:

Post a Comment